We have reached 28K followers on instagram! Thanks to everyone who has joined us, we are so grateful for your support. Our followers have doubled during the last year, so I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself to new friends of The Small Home.
I’m Ayshea and I run The Small Home from my London home, where I live with my two daughters Amelie and Maggie and my husband Ben. No pets (yet, but that may change!).
Key lessons I have learned since starting The Small Home journey are to trust my instinct, to focus on my own authentic vision, to listen to my customers and to always make important decisions after a good night’s sleep.
One of the thrills in running The Small Home is that rush of excitement when I’m selecting new stock. If I don’t get an adrenaline rush – it doesn’t make the cut.
Another thrill is when our customers get the same adrenalin rush about our product.
I work hard, but don’t forget to play. I run to keep sane and do yoga to stay strong. My party trick is chin-ups on the beam in our kitchen and I can hold a headstand for an impressive length of time (even after a tipple or 3)! And I’ll unashamedly revert to 80’s music during a kitchen disco!
Things on my bucket list… to climb a big mountain, take that gap-year I never managed in my 20’s, and to one day have that pottery studio at the bottom of the garden!
Above all, my dream was to run my own creative business around a happy family, so I feel very lucky to have both!
I always strive to take the ‘interesting path’ over the ‘easy path’. This results in lots of happiness (and a fair few tears), but life is never boring!
That’s it for now. Do drop in and say hi, we always love hearing from you.
MY CURRENT FAVOURITES...
1. Memah Cross Body Bag, beautiful and practical in equal measures.
2. My Balears Sandals, my summer shoe of choice.
3. Love a hoop and these Large Beaded Hoop Earrings are the best!
4. Ceramic wind chimes, a calming piece of sculptural art.
AND THE ITEMS I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT...
1. My Slippers... obviously, say no more!
2. Hampson Wood Platter... used daily, and looking better than ever.
3. My Brickett Davda Mug – makes every cuppa more enjoyable
4. The entire Amly Botanical range, my absolute favourite skincare range.